Thursday, May 3, 2007

Namaste!

I will be going to work at the Girl Scout World Center Sangam, in Pune, India. For 4 months I will be volunteering as a Program Assistant. My duties will include things like helping plan and implement programming, helping show groups around the Center and the city, and be an ambassador for my local council. I would like to keep my local council informed of all my experiences while I'm there which is why I set up this blog. I get to live at the Center and am looking forward to meeting people from all over the world who come to visit the Center while seeing and experiencing India.

You can post comments or questions to my posts (you don't need to be a registered blogger.com user to post!) and I will try to answer any questions to the best of my ability. I'm not quite sure how often I'll be able to post to my blog since the internet connection isn't the most reliable but I'll do my best to post as much as possible and as often as possible. I have posted some links that you might find helpful if you are wanting more information about India, the World Center, or Girl Scouting in general.

Thanks for your support!
Christa

No comments: