Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

I leave in less than 2 weeks and I'm still super busy. I'm trying to come up with a master packing list so I don't forget anything. I still have some things to find and buy but I think that I have most everything ready.

I have also been busy planning my day in London. I have a day long layover in London before I leave for Mumbai. I'm looking forward to going to visit Wimbledon and hopefully I can get to a few other things as well. I've realized that I saw most everything that I wanted to see in London when I was there for my Wider Opportunity.

Everyone has been curious about the language in India. India has 23 official languages with English and Hindi being the most common. The working language at the Center is English, although that doesn't mean that everyone will be fluent in English. I'm really looking forward to learning Hindi so I can watch and understand all of those great Bollywood films.

I also found out some very excited news. I have been nominated for a position in the Peace Corps. I had my interview last Friday and was nominated during my interview, which doesn't happen very often. I will be working in the primary level teacher training program somewhere in Africa, and I will be leaving sometime in November. I'm really looking forward to this next exciting step in my life!

I have to bring items to decorate a 2 by 3 foot banner that will be displayed at the Center to represent me and my country. Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions about what I should bring. Thanks!

I have also added a few more links if you would like to explore more about India.

christa

No comments: