Thursday, December 24, 2009

welcome to winter!

When I came home in July, I decided that I wanted to spend the holidays with my family. But only where?

Well I've ended up back in America for one week and one week only!

And I've been introduced to winter! Big time.

It all started when I left Zambia with my friend Josh. We missed our bus to Livingstone. The one time a bus in Zambia arrives on time and we show up late. So we waited for 3 hours at the bus stop sweating. I knew it was a bad start to our trip.

It proved true.

We landed in DC on Saturday. In a blizzard. We landed and there was already 6 inches of snow on the ground. And all I had to wear was my shorts and flip flops along with the socks I stole from the airplane. It was quite the eye opener. Because of the blizzard, all flights out and into Dulles were canceled for the day. So we got a hotel room and started enjoying America-tv and internet and a real shower!

I finally arrived home, only a day and an hour behind my original schedule.

And now, I'm in my second blizzard in less than a week. But it does give me time to update my blog, post pictures, and since I'm in America, post my videos on YouTube.

You can check out my videos to the left or go to YouTube, my channel is christainzambia.

My pictures are posted on Facebook but you can check out the public links below. Just copy and paste. You don't need to be signed up to Facebook to see them!

More Pics of Life in Zambia!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2118521&id=116507182&l=fd4d2f547d

Life in the Village
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2116676&id=116507182&l=6aa9e5cdb4

Random Zambian Snaps
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2096540&id=116507182&l=36370bfad5


Hope you enjoy the videos and pictures! Have a good holiday season!
christa

No comments: