Wednesday, June 17, 2009

April 2010?

Well, long time no speak my friends! Boy a lot has happened since I blogged last. A quick catch-up: mid-term conference for Peace Corps was the beginning of May (got to see all my friends and officially became a second year volunteer!), then my parents and grandparents came to visit (it was great to see my family in Zambia, although I'm not quite sure what they thought of the place!), then I went back to the village for some peace and quiet and some much needed relaxation (I realized that I need to be alone a lot now, otherwise I freak out for any reason).

I have 10 months left in my Peace Corps service. I know, I can't believe it myself. It has gone by so fast and now I feel like I really need to start to decide what I want to do next. And time is running out. April 2010, the end of my 2 year contract, is fast approaching and I only know 2 things for sure. I want to travel and I don't want to work in an office. With that, I'll gladly take any and all suggestions! But remember, I'm only 24 years old. I don't need an instant career. I still wanna have some fun. But I'm pretty sure that Dad won't let me live at home forever. Which is another reason why I'm starting my "next step" process now. And not when I get to America-land and don't have an income! So seriously, if you have any suggestions, let me know! I'll gladly look into anything that sounds interesting!

Talk to you all soon! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Nate said...

Here's a couple of ideas...

Work for a cruise company.
A roadie for a band.
A personal assistant to a celebrity.

I know you'll land on your feet when you come back, so don't worry too much!