Friday, September 7, 2007

Odds and Ends, eh!?!?

This blog entry is going to be a little odd since I have been saving up several small but funny stories from my last few weeks here!

So the other day I threw away a pair of my Old Navy flip flops (yes Mom, I threw them away all by myself!). I had stepped on something and it had taken a huge chuck of plastic off the side (but somehow I had managed to save my foot) and then I stepped on a rock and it got wedged in the plastic and I couldn't get it out. So I decided to throw them away considering I had gotten my $2.50 worth out of them. We have a lot of construction workers that are coming in and out of Sangam working on our new wall because of the road construction outside. 2 days later I had a day off and I was hanging out in my room. I was sitting in my chair looking out the window and noticed a construction worker wearing a pair of pink flip flops walk by. I didn't think anything of it at first. Then I realized that the guy was wearing the pink flip flops that I had thrown away just days before. Unfortunately I didn't realize it in time to get a picture of him wearing my old flip flops and I haven't seen him since then. It just goes to show that nothing goes to waste here, not even my old $2.50 flip flops!

I have also realized that I have been achieving a lot of my life goals in the last few months. It seems like the last few years all I have wanted to do is go into the Peace Corps, go to India, see the Taj Mahal, and see Wimbledon. I've achieved all 4 in the last few months. I've also realized how lucky I am to be achieving my life long goals so early in my life. This gives me the opportunity to make and achieve even more life goals. I couldn't have done it with everyone's help, my family and friends, and everyone who has encouraged me along the way. Thanks!!!!!!

I have a new career goal. I want to become a Bollywood dancer. I've been addicted to Bollywood movies since the first one that I saw. I've taken up Bollywood dance lessons and I'm getting pretty good (if I do say so myself!). So I think that after the Peace Corps, I'll move back to India to live in Mumbai to see if I can make it as a dancer. I think that it is a very attainable goal for me. (Do you think that there is anywhere in Sioux Falls to continue my Bollywood dance training? Here's hoping!)

I've become Canadian. Julie, who is another programme assistant, is from Canada and because I hang out with her a lot, I've started to say eh. Yes that's right, eh. Hopefully I'll lose that habit very quickly after I get back.

And Lynn left a comment on my last entry and asked about who comes to Sangam for events. Events at Sangam are open to all Girl Scouts and Girl Guides around the world. You just have to be a member of your country's organization. Hope that answers your question Lynn, thanks for leaving the comment!

Feel free to leave comments and questions about anything! Hopefully I can answer!

christa

No comments: